By Sally Bdeir (’19)
The spotlight shines on the wonderful sophomore Jewel Evans this November. Jewel never fails to look stylishly put together every single school day.
- Favorite garment to wear during the fall: Sweater dresses
- Jewel appreciates the comfort of sweaters and the class of dresses- so putting them together is a win-win!
- Favorite season to dress: Summer
- This fashionable sophomore enjoys being able to wear whatever she wants and not being restricted based on the weather, especially in Michigan!
- Favorite place to shop: Nordstrom Rack
- Jewel likes having cute and good quality clothes for affordable prices.
- Fashion inspiration: Vanessa Hudgens, for her unique style
Meanwhile in the fashion world…
History was made when designer Anniesa Hasibuan, an Indonesian designer had all models wearing a headscarf at her show in Moynihan Station. Hasibuan had the scarves paired with tunics and kimonos of all sorts of colors. Melanie Elturk, CEO of Haute Hijab attended the show and wrote on Instagram “I believe fashion is one of the outlets in which we can start that cultural shift in today’s society to normalize hijab in America so as to break down stereotypes and demystify misconceptions”. Hasibuan took a step forward in making the fashion industry a more diverse outlet.